Quite regularly, the Xpoint routing for these inputs, are set to -Inf. I am unable to recreate the reason, it just suddenly happens - for both these priority input mics.
Could this have anything to do with the fact that AHM System Manager never is able to remember and/or find my AHM32 on the system, even directly after I have logged into it?
Could you please send your config file over to A&H support, and I’ll take a look at this for you?
Email it to support@allen-heath.com
I’ve not seen this happen before - the only way the levels would drop like that to -inf is if you’re using a source selector in that zone. In that way, it should only affect the inputs that exist in the source selector.
Typically if System Manager is unable to find the AHM on the system, it implies the discovery packets are being blocked by the network - you can verify this if you connect directly to the AHM via ethernet and see if you get discovery without any network hardware.
Hi and thanks for the quick reply! There is indeed a source selector involved here, should I remove the priority mics from that one in the Custom Control app?
EDIT:
I am not sure how I’m able to remove just one or two inputs from the zone selector.
Furthermore, the Custom Control Editor constantly gives me this error when trying to upload to the AHM32:
Yes!
Only include the inputs in the source selector that need to be selectable. When you select a source, it’ll raise the level of that input to the configured amount (Default is 0dB) and drop all other inputs in the source selector to -inf / off.
Typically you’d exclude announcement mics, and any inputs that you aren’t switching between.
The remove button can be found just here, highlighted in pink:
Simply select the unwanted inputs/inputs you don’t want to change from the selector and remove them.
Your edit screenshot does also suggest that the discovery/ID packets aren’t making it through the network as the software can’t verify that the unit type matches, which is why its giving an error. Perhaps you’re blocking some traffic by mistake?
The first step would be to verify that you get discovery working if you directly connect to the unit (to isolate the network)
If it does work, you can look at your settings on your switch, router etc to see if you have any rules blocking particular traffic types or ports.
If it doesn’t work, it means that there may be a setting on your computer blocking it, perhaps a firewall rule.