Please A&H, we need more EQ options

my experience is that very little EQ is needed to sound good enough for studio work.
far more EQ is needed for live situations to fix the room problems.
and they will overwhelm the golden eared tweaks some folks think are needed.
also depending on where you sit those golden eared tweaks with EQ wont make any difference at all to the audience.

I see it similarly.
If it doesn’t sound good, the desk EQ is really the last place to look for the fault.

+1 on the Q option for the shelves! I also feel what you mean by the harshness of the high shelve. I have a hard time coming up with downsides to this console, but the EQ does feel a bit cold to me for some reason.

+1

Let’s hope the shelf EQ Q is in the pipeline for the next update…

1 Like

This is definitely still number 1 on the wishlist. Even though some people here seem to think nothing matter, as long as there is a preamp and a low-cut, but maybe they will find themselves in more ambitious circumstances at some point.

EQ is certainly the weakest link in an otherwise fine console, hopefully it will be adressed sooner rather than later. For now I am testing out the competition and HD96 looks might fine :slight_smile:

Personally, I miss finer control, “Q” on all high and low pass filters including shelving filters, 6db / octave for the high pass filter, and a few sharper filter cutoffs for the low pass filter.

Finer control granularity: I find the jumps in the settings for the filters to be disturbingly too large sometimes, bypassing an optimum placing which means wasted time looking for a best compromise.

A 6 dB/octave hi-pass can be downright musical in the correct situation for it. There is no substitute.

Adding “Q” for shelving, hi, and lo pass filters would be quite a musical sounding boon to what is here. What we have is so generically mundane, especially for shelving, that additional eq sections are required to fill out a desired response. That is too much work for a live situation.

Overall I have found the “sound” of the EQ to be quite clean enough. I’m not hearing disastrous mathematics. I don’t care so much about what I see on the screen but if it can be improved I’m all for it.

1 Like

+1 on standard Q values, the current values are just confusing.

+1 on shelf q values.

No real need for more eq options.

Bumping this up again, as I personally see this as the last major issue for the dLive. UFX carss gave us absolutrly fantastic reverbs. Everything else is in a good place. This is the single complaint I hear from every new user of the desk. I have used them long enough to work around it, new users just deem it underwhelming. Which it is.

So vote for Pedro.