I am trying to use Valhalla reverbs with my QU5D with Reaper. Using Mixbus 12 as the FX (Send) Bus. On Mixbus 12 insert point, I use USB 1 and 2 on the Sends, then use USB 1/2 for the Return. Also configured I/O on Reapers routing page, all signals seems to be routed fine.
How do i route the Mixbus 12 to the Main Bus? Or is it necessary to run the return on one of the channels instead?
You cannot route one mix bus / mix channel to another - so also not to MainLR
Use two (!) input channels (or one stereo) as FX returns.
That depends on what you intend to do with the FX or what the source is.
If you want to add reverb to a single vocal microphone, it can certainly be mono.
No, a mix bus on your QU can only act as a send.
Consequently, using it as an insert doesn’t make much sense.
If you send the mix channel’s output to the FX, you have it’s channel processing and a master mix send available.