UB Madi Channel Count Increase

I would love to see the USB record feature match the Behringer Wing at 48k with 48ch available to be routed and recorded. Especially on a desk that supports up to 48 mixable channels.

Since you also mentioned MADI, I would just like to point out that the corresponding card for the SQ already supports also 64 channels in both directions - and unlike with the Wing, this is even possible at 96 kHz.

That’s an entirely different card but you are correct. I am referring specifically to UB Madi, the USB B port and its channel count being limited to 32ch.

Ryan Dick
RumCask Enterprises, President
780-218-1264
Sherwood Park, AB

I don’t mean to downplay your wish; I’m simply trying to think realistic.
The SQ is getting on in years by now, and the 32-channel USB limit was certainly not an arbitrary choice.
And even in the completely revamped, brand-new SQ+ series, you are still limited to those 32 channels.
So, rather than waiting indefinitely for 48 USB channels - which might not even be feasible or desired - it would certainly be easier and quicker to use the A&H SQ MADI card designed specifically for this purpose; plus, that wouldn’t introduce any additional USB-related latency.

I totally hear where you are coming from. If I were to get the MADI expansion card, I would also have to purchase a USB interface that supports MADI BNC IO and travel with it. I’m honestly just thinking I’ll end up purchasing a Waves expansion card and using QRec. I just figured it was worth a suggestion as Behringer supports 48ch over USB, maybe A&H would be interested in matching what the Wing can do in that regard.

Ryan Dick
RumCask Enterprises, President
780-218-1264
Sherwood Park, AB

So, does that mean you don’t actually need MADI at all, but simply want to record up to 48 channels?